Music Camp is the beginning of the VSMT year, and always one of the highlights of the year for the organization. Music Camp is a week long activity sponsored by the Villanova Office of Music Activities for groups such as VSMT. The week begins with move-in day. You get to move into your dorm room early and get your room set up, with the help of the members of the VSMT Board. You get to spend the rest of your day getting to know the rest of the freshman wise enough to sign up for VSMT Music Camp and the VSMT Board members. Fun ice-breaking activities and a board game party to polish off the night ensures an excellent first day at Villanova. The next day, the rest of VSMT moves in and you spend some more time getting to know the other members of the group you'll spend your week with. Over the course of the next few days, you and the rest of VSMT will have fun in a series of upbeat and fun workshops meant to hone your abilities in areas of musical theatre like dancing, singing, and improv as well as letting you get to know your fellow VSMT members. You'll also be given time to just relax and enjoy the beautiful Villanova campus in August, to eat with the rest of VSMT, and to buy your books from the school store with the help of upperclassmen who know the ropes. During the nights, we will have plenty of fun social activities that will give you a great idea of how much VSMT loves being with each other. Last year we even went to a Phillies game together. Overall, the Music Camp experience is a great one, especially for new freshman looking to meet some people with whom they share some common interest. Music Camp is meant for people of ALL abilities, and for people who want to be involved in VSMT in any way (acting/singing, tech, pit, etc.). It is totally free for all members who sign up, and all meals will be provided for free for the duration of Music Camp. It's a wonderful experience for freshman looking to meet some people easily and for non-freshmen who are looking for a way to get involved in musical theatre but just don't know how to. Every year, we get many freshmen who sign up, and many new non-freshmen as well, joining our steady reliable returning group members. Anyone who is interested in musical theatre should sign up and join up.
Top 10 Reasons to Do VSMT Music Camp
10. You will meet the friends you'll have for the rest of your Villanova career.
9. You get to work on your musical theater skills with workshops run by professionals.
8. You get to move in before the rest of the freshmen, allowing for a MUCH less hectic move-in day.
7. Moving in early also allows you to pick the bed and dresser you want, before your roommate even gets there.
6. Move in is assisted by the board members of VSMT. It's a great way to avoid having to carry a fridge up potentially five flights of steps.
5. It's totally FREE. As in costing $0. This week will help set you up for an excellent college experience and costs less than a stick of gum.
4. Excellent food prepared by the Villanova dining services and paid for by the Office of Music Activities is provided for you, at no cost! (Did I mention it's free?)
3. Having tons of friends you met at Music Camp makes Orientation an even better experience. Nothing says "I'm cool, get to know me" to the kids in your orientation group like saying hi to a group of juniors you just happen to know from Music Camp.
2. By the time Orientation starts, you'll already know where everything is, who everyone is, and you'll be in great shape, compared to your fellow Villanova freshmen who moved in after you.
1. Your first week away from home will be a fun-filled week, allowing you to meet and get to know many people who will be in your life for the next four years in a low pressure environment. No classes to worry about, new friends all around you and relaxing but fun activities allow you to ease into college life. Everything is so much more fun and so much easier after having a week of Music Camp to transition you into college life. There is truly no better way to start off your Villanova career than VSMT Music Camp!
1) Log in to Novasis (novasis.villanova.edu)
2) Click Student & Financial Aid from the tabs at the top
3) Choose "Student Activities" from the menu
4) Select Music Camp Registration
5) Choose VSMT ("Student Music Theatre MCamp-P")
6) Get PUMPED for August 18th!